Dr Oz was joined by Rachael Ray on the Doctor Oz Show today. She gave a bunch of healthy, low fat, diet recipes so that all of us can lose weight with breaking our budgets. Without further delay, here is Rachael Ray’s Minestrone Soup Recipe, but dont forget to check out all of Rachael Ray’s recipes from this show – here are all of the low cost and easy diet recipes that Rachael Ray spoke about:
Dr Oz & Rachael Ray’s Minestrone Soup Recipe
8 cups of Rachael Rays Chicken Stock Recipe
4 Roasted Tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
1 (1/8-inch thick) slice prosciutto di Parma, about 1/4 lb, optional
1 onion, chopped
2 to 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
4 cloves roasted garlic (from roasted tomato recipe), recipe follows
1 red chili pepper, finely chopped or thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lb small potatoes, chopped or 1 cup small pasta
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained
1 (15 to 15.5 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
5 oz. fresh, thin green beans, cut into thirds
1 small head escarole or small bundle chard, shredded
Parmesan cheese, shredded, for topping
Hot, crusty bread
1. Make your roasted tomatoes and put them on the side. Click here for Rachael Ray’s Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
2. Warm a large pot over medium-high heat and add extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add in the prosciutto, celery, onions, garlic, carrots and chili pepper.
4. Season with some salt and pepper.
5. If you want to use potatoes, add them now. But if you are adding pasta, you should heat up another pot of water to boil the pasta until it is al dente – cool it off and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top. The pasta should be stored separately from the soup.
6. Cover your pan so that the vegetables can sweat for about 10 minutes. But stir occasionally.
7. Add the cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, tomatoes and stock.
8. Bring your soup to a boil and add in the green beans.
9. Once your soup is bubbling, turn the heat off and let it cool.
10. Store in the fridge for an easy, healthy, diet meal!
11. When you reheat the soup, also crisp your bread in a warm oven. You can add in the pasta, escarole and lemon zest if you want.
12. Serve Rachael Ray’s Minestrone Soup Recipe in a bowl with some cheese sprinkled on the top and a side of toasted crusty bread. As Rachael Ray says – delish!