Dr Oz did a segment with Rachael Ray where she taught everyone how to make delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes. One of the dishes was Rachael Ray’s French Toast Cups, which is made out of stale bread (that many people often throw out), Greek Yogurt and fresh fruit. This breakfast recipe is a healthy and adorable option that your kids and family will love (and Doctor Oz seemed to enjoy it as well!).
Also, here are links to all of the recipes featured on this same segment of the Dr Oz show:
- Dr Oz: Rachael Ray French Toast Cup Recipe
- Dr Oz: Rachael Ray Caesar Salad Spaghetti Dinner Recipe
- Rachael Ray You Won’t Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta Recipe
- Dr Oz: Rachael Ray Spinach Artichoke Tuna Salad Recipe
- Dr Oz: Rachael Ray Chicken Thigh & White Bean Salad Recipe
Rachael Ray French Toast Cups
Non-stick cooking spray
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp cinnamon
Dash of vanilla extract, optional
Dash of fresh nutmeg, optional
6 slices whole grain sandwich bread
1 pint fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries)
1 cup Greek yogurt, regular or low-fat
Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling
Dr Oz: Rachael Ray French Toast Cups Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray nonstick cooking spray inside of a muffin tin tray.
3. Mix together the eggs, cinnamon, milk, vanilla and nutmeg in a bowl.
4. Cut a diagonal slit into each slice of bread so that you can fold it into a cup shape to go inside of your muffin tin.
5. Dip your bread into your bowl of eggs and press the bread into the shape of a cup in the muffin tin.
6. Bake the French Toast Cups for 12-14 minutes or until they are light brown and cooked through.
7. Let the French Toast Cups cool a few minutes and then take them out of the muffin tray.
8. Serve Rachael Ray’s French Toast Cups filled with Greek Yogurt, fresh fruit and top with some agave nectar, honey or real maple syrup.