One of my biggest problems with eating healthy is that I have a major sweet tooth… so whenever I find a healthy recipe or diet recipe for a baked good like chocolate chip cookies, I get extremely excited. This low-fat and low-calorie chocolate chip cookie recipe has only 45 calories per cookie and 1.4 grams of fat… all while having 2 grams of protein. Now the last test is how great they taste. Thank your Doctor Oz and Rocco Dispirito for sharing this healthy diet chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Dr. Oz & Chef Rocco Dispirito Triple Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
For more great, healthy, diet recipes like this one, don’t forget to checkout Rocco Dispirito’s book Now Eat This!: 150 of America’s Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories!!!
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (real vanilla, not imitation please!)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup canned white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 TB Light Agave Syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1.5 cups granulated artificial sweetener
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cover your baking sheets with parchment paper and a light covering of cooking spray.
3. Blend in a food processor (or I might try it with my hand immersion blender) the vanilla, cocoa, cannellini beans and agave syrup.
4. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until you get soft peaks.
5. Beat the artificial sweetener into the egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
6. Blend 1/3 of the egg whites into the cocoa mixture. Repeat with the next 1/3 of the egg whites. And repeat once more with the final 1/3 of the egg whites.
7. Mix the cocoa nibs into your cookie batter.
8. Place spoonfuls of cookie batter onto your cookie sheets to make cookies around 2.5″ in diameter.
9. Place chocolate chips on top of your cookies.
10. Bake your cookies for 20 minutes (rotating the pan after 10 minutes).