Dr Oz mentioned that Banana Ice Cream helps to reduce your risk of getting Kidney Cancer, but the thing that intrigued me the most about Dr Oz’s Banana Ice Cream Recipe is that it really only requires one thing – bananas! Who would have thought that you could make a healthy delicious ice cream that does not involve sugar, sweeteners, or even milk or dairy products?!?! Doctor Oz got the recipe from Dr Caldwell Esselstyn’s book called Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure, which I would highly recommend checking out.
Dr Oz Banana Ice Cream Recipe
– 1 Banana per person (the more ripe it is, the sweeter your ice cream will be)
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla
– Nutmeg (optional)
– Cinnamon (optional)
Dr Oz’s Banana Ice Cream Recipe
1. Remove the peels from the bananas and slice them up.
2. Put the banana slices onto a baking sheet and place it in your freezer.
3. Once the bananas are frozen all the way through, take them out to thaw slightly.
4. Put the frozen bananas into a strong blender (or even a food processor should work), along with 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
5. Sprinkle the top of the Banana Ice Cream with nutmeg, cinnamon or berries.
Your imagination is the limit with this healthy ice cream recipe. You can try the same thing with different fruits like berries 0r mangoes. If you like strawberry banana smoothies, try mixing frozen strawberries and frozen bananas to make an ice cream. Or if you like peanut butter, try mixing some peanut butter into the banana ice cream. Please leave a comment below and share your thoughts on this diet recipe… I’d love to hear the fun variations that everyone comes up with!