Dr Oz brought Candice Kumai, author of Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You, on his show to share Metabolism Boosting Recipes. One of the recipes that Doctor Oz posted was this Berry Creamy Oatmeal recipe which combines two of his favorite breakfast foods: oatmeal and Greek Yogurt. Sounds like a new and interesting way to have a bowl of oatmeal! Here are links for all of Kumai’s recipes from the Dr Oz Show: Spicy Soba Recipe, Spinach Salad With Walnuts & Strawberries Recipe and Berry Creamy Oatmeal Recipe.
Candice Kumai Berry Creamy Oatmeal Recipe
3 cups quick oats
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup honey
Pinch ground cinnamon
Pinch fresh grated nutmeg
Pinch sea salt
1/2 pint fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries (about 1 cup)
4 tsp dark brown sugar (optional)
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
Pretty Delicious Berry Creamy Oatmeal Recipe
1. Bring to a boil 3 cups of water over high heat in a pot.
2. Add the oats to the boiling water, stir it, cover the pot and turn the heat off.
3. After around 4-5 minutes, add in the yogurt, cinnamon, honey and nutmeg.
4. Carefully mix in the berries (you do not want to smash up the berries, so be careful!).
5. Serve each bowl with 1 tsp brown sugar and almonds (to your taste).