Dr Oz did an excellent show where he brought on Jamie Oliver, author of Jamie’s America: Easy Twists on Great American Classics, and More,to talk about great solutions to common diet mistakes. For example, he gave Doctor Oz diet recipes for a Yogurt Salad Dressing, Fish Tacos and a Stir-Fry.
Jamie Oliver’s Fish Taco Recipe Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
2 mackerel fillets, pinboned
4 small flour tortillas
1/4 cup sour cream
A few sprigs of fresh cilantro, leaves picked
Hot chile sauce (optional)
1 green or yellow zucchini
4 asparagus spears
2 large scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 radishes, cut into matchsticks
1 fresh, red chili, seeded and minced
Juice of 1 lime
Extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dr Oz Fish Taco Recipe Directions:
1. Light your grill or make a grill pan very hot on the stove top.
2. Make the salad by shaving your zucchini into long ribbons and do the same with asparagus spears by laying them flat on a cutting board while you create the ribbons. Mix the zucchini, asparagus, scallions, radishes and most of the chile together.
3. Squeeze lime juice over the vegetables and mix with some extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Toss the salad and place it on the side.
5. Mash up your avocado with the juice of a lime and season with salt and pepper. Place this on the side too.
6. Drizzle olive oil over the mackerel fish and add a big pinch of salt. The extra oil helps to prevent the skin of the fish from sticking while you cook it.
7. First, place the fish fillets, skin side down, on the grill pan or hot grill and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Turn over the fish fillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
9. Place your tortillas on the grill or over heat for a few seconds to warm them up.
10. Serve by placing the fish in a tortilla, place a dollop of avocado on top along with a spoon of sour cream. Toss the salad again and place some on top. Sprinkle on some cilantro leaves and any remaining chile and hot chile sauce if you like spice. Finish them off with a final squeeze of a lime.