The Doctors TV Show featured Mike Moreno’s 17 Day Diet on their show and spoke about a delicious 17 Day Diet Cookie Recipe that is low in fat but full of fiber and healthy fats. What a perfect cookie recipe for those of us on diets and trying to lose weight. Weight Loss Cookies – who would have thought!
The Doctors: 17 Day Diet Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons Almond Paste
1 tablespoon Flaxseed Oil
10 packets of Truvia Natural Sweetener
¼ cup Agave Nectar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup Vanilla Whey Powder
2 cups oats
1 cup Dried Cherries
½ cup sliced almonds
Mike Moreno’s 17 Day Diet Cookie Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix in the egg and vanilla until well incorporated.
4. Add the baking soda, flour, salt, pepper and Vanilla Whey Powder. Who would have thought about adding pepper too cookies – very interesting!
5. Mix in the Dried Cherries, almonds and oats.
6. Drop the cookies by large tablespoons onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. You should get about 18 cookies from each batch.
7. Flatten the cookie dough with a spoon.
8. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until its golden brown.
9. Cool and store in a covered container.
Best of all, each cookie only has 128 calories and counts as 1 protein and 1 starch on the 17 Day Diet!