Dr Oz was joined by Rocco Dispirito, author of Now Eat This!, and he made a delicious sounding brownie recipe that is actually low in fat and low in calories. A Diet Brownie Recipe? Is it possible? Yes! The secret to Rocco Dispirito’s Brownie Recipe is black beans! Here is what he demonstrated on the Doctor Oz Show:
Dr Oz: Black Bean Brownie Recipe
15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp expresso powder
3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Rocco & Dr Oz Brownie Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Place the black beans, cocoa powder, egg substitute, espresso powder and flour in a food processor.
4. Blend until the mixture has no lumps at all.
5. Add the vanilla, agave and butter.
6. Blend again until everything is fully mixed.
7. Pour the brownie mix into the greased 8×8 pan and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Also, make sure to turn the 8×8 baking pan halfway through.
9. Turn the temperature down to 300 degrees and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook the brownies either though!
10. Let the brownies cool completely until they reach room temperature.
11. Place the brownies in the fridge for 3 hours.
12. Cut them into 12 squares and serve.
13. Make sure to refrigerate any of your leftover Black Bean Brownies!