Low Carb Dessert Recipes Without Artificial Sweeteners
Some artificial sweeteners can be bad for your health, while others are still being investigated. It can be a challenge to figure out if Stevia is something you want to consume or not, with a number of reports saying some parts of the plant are fine for consumption while other parts are not.
It always seems like the best answer is to stick to sugar or other, natural alternatives to artificial sweeteners. Check out the recipes below, all of which have no artificial sweeteners added.
Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe Without Artificial Sweeteners
Low carb and cheesecake don’t seem like they should be in the same sentence, but it is possible to make delicious cheesecake without artificial sweeteners and with a very low carbohydrate count. Check out the recipe below for a scrumptious cheesecake recipe:
Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 packages (1 and 1/2 lbs) cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 eggs (preferably room temperature)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (1/2 Tablespoon) vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (1/2 Tablespoon) lemon juice
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe Directions:
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Combine almond meal, melted butter and sugar, and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until beginning to brown.
- Raise oven heat to 400 F
- Put cream cheese in mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Add other ingredients, scraping the bowl and beaters each time, fully incorporating each ingredient. When all ingredients are combined, pour mixture into pan over crust.
Chia Seed Muffin Recipe: Dark Chocolate & Banana
The muffins below are a perfect recipe for chia seeds and contain no artificial sweeteners at all. At about 204 calories a muffin, it may be a little high on the calorie count but it is a good source of nutrients, such as protein, and is a great way to stay hydrated throughout the day. They are able to absorb about 10 times their weight in water.
Chia Seed Muffin Ingredients:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose or oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup mashed bananas – the riper the better
- 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chia See Muffin Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in eggs and add milk, bananas, vanilla and chia seeds. Add the dry ingredients and then stir until ingredients are just combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 23 to 30 minutes. Remove the muffins and place on wire rack to cool.
Low Carb Pumpkin Dessert Recipe Without Artificial Sweeteners
The low carb pumpkin pie custard recipe below is one of the best recipes you are going find on the internet. It is easy to make, delicious to eat and it only has around 76 calories per serving. It even has a few grams of fiber and protein. How can you beat that?
Low Carb Pumpkin Custard Ingredients:
- 1 can (15 ounce) pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk ( I used 1%)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Low Carb Pumpkin Custard Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 6 custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, spices and vanilla. Pour evenly into ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Best served cold.